olio

"How long do you have to get hit in the head before you start asking who's hitting you in the head?"

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Atheist Manifesto

Tonight I started reading Atheist Manifesto: The Case Against Christianity, Judaism, and Islam by Michel Onfray. I think I'm going to enjoy it:

No hatred for the man on his knees, but a fierce resolve never to collude with those who urge him to adopt this humiliating posture and keep him there. Who would not sympathize with the victims of fraud? And who would not approve of battling the perpetrators?
I had a really long, tiring day at work today, and yet I have a feeling I’m going to be up half the night, reading…


Tags: , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I started reading this book last week and am almost done with it. I am planning to post about it when I am done, I am interested to hear what you think of it.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger lee said...

Yikes: I still haven't finished it...I read about halfway through the first night I sat down with it, but I've been too busy to pick it up again. So far the overarching message seems to be "reason is the enemy of faith," a sentiment I totally agree with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home