olio

"How long do you have to get hit in the head before you start asking who's hitting you in the head?"

Friday, March 31, 2006

A-Ha! No One Expects the Science Class Inquisition!


Stories like this are on the rise, and they make me so sad.

It’s sad that these kids are trained to challenge science but not religion.

There’s an intelligent design, all right—but the designers are human, and the design is to maintain an ignorant, unquestioning, and docile population. What freaks me out is that it works almost as well today as it did in the Dark Ages.

Can I reason with people trained to believe I’m a minion of the devil, sent to “trick” them into apostasy?

Can I reason with people trained to believe that rejecting superstition will consign them to eternal hellfire?

Can I reason with people trained to believe that morality is synonymous with Christianity?

No, no, and no.

Well, it’s a gorgeous Friday, so I’m going to open my windows, crank up the stereo, and enjoy a few beers outside in the sun. I’m starting my weekend with a toast to all of you hardworking science teachers out there: Illegitimis nil carborundum!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home