olio

"How long do you have to get hit in the head before you start asking who's hitting you in the head?"

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Bonny Blue Flag

(I’m waiting for a complete transcript of the press conference, so in the meantime I’m reposting a reworded version of an earlier post.)

With so many states returning to their godly roots, I think an anthem is in order. At first, I thought Christianity Uber Alles would be perfect, but my proficiency in German just wasn’t up to the task. I was momentarily discouraged, but then I remembered The Bonny Blue Flag. It’s a wonderful old tune, and for many its sentiment is just as true today as it was in the 1860s! I’ve reworked the original only slightly; I hope you find it inspirational.

The Bonny Blue Flag ‘06

We are a band of brothers and native to the soil,
Fighting for the uteri that women might despoil.
And when our rights were threatened, the cry rose near and far,
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star.

Chorus: Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah for Hetero-Christian Men’s Rights, Hurrah!
Three cheers for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star.

As long as the union of homos was taboo,
Like friends and brethren, kind were we and true,
But now when liberal treachery attempts our rights to mar,
We hoist on high the Bonnie Blue flag that bears a single star.

Chorus

First gallant South Dakota nobly made the stand,
Then came Blunt’s Missouri, where the pill is contraband.
Soon Tennessee’s “Choose Life” will be seen on every car!
All raised the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star.

Chorus

And here’s to brave Virginia, the Old Dominion State,
Where Kaine says you can marry, as long as you are straight.
Impelled by her example, now other states prepare,
To hoist on high the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star.

Chorus

Then here’s to our Confederacy, strong we are and brave,
Like patriots of old we’ll fight, our heritage to save.
And rather than submit to shame, to regress we would prefer,
So cheer for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello and welcome to BlogMad. Its a great place to hangout. If you need help, please remember to visit the forums which are filled with tons of great hints, tips, and advice. Nice to have you aboard!

Thanks for visiting Almost An Angel!

Happy BlogMad Day!

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the addition of places like Ohio and Kansas, "Confederacy" is no longer accurate. No, these lands are the Holy Republic of Jssusistan, where Pat reigns supreme and fact is supplanted by faith.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Citizen S said...

I like your blog and I think it's possible I know you. Firefly?

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger lee said...

Thanks, Dariana and Tina.

Jolly Roger: Unnerving, isn't it?

Shelley I: I don't understand the reference to "firefly," but I'm glad you like my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home