olio

"How long do you have to get hit in the head before you start asking who's hitting you in the head?"

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

B-E-L-I-E-V-E! That’s the Way We Spell Success!

Q: Mr. President, all facts aside, could you please tell us what you believe?

A: “I believe that my job is to go out and explain to the people what's on my mind. That's why I'm having this press conference, see? I'm telling you what's on my mind.”

Q: Um…okay. So…what do you believe about the war?

A: “You know, I've heard people say, ‘Oh, you know, he's just kind of optimistic for the sake of optimism.’ Well, look, I believe we're going to succeed.”

“Secondly, I am confident -- or I believe I'm optimistic -- we'll succeed. If not, I'd pull our troops out. If I didn't believe we had a plan for victory.”

“They've declared Iraq to be the central front. And, therefore, we've got to make sure we win that. And I believe we will.”

“And so, most importantly, I believe a unity government will begin to affect the attitudes of the Iraqis, and that's important for them to get confidence not only in the government, but in a security force that will provide them security.”

Q: Um… Mr. President? I couldn’t quite follow that last one…it’s a little convoluted and off message. Could you maybe start reading from your notes again?

A: “And I'm going to say it again: If I didn't believe we could succeed, I wouldn't be there. I wouldn't put those kids there. I meet with too many families who's [sic semper Bush!] lost a loved one to not be able to look them in the eye and say, ‘We're doing the right thing.’ And we are doing a right thing.”

“And so, I've got to continue to speak as clearly as I possibly can about the consequences of success and the consequences of failure, and why I believe we can succeed.”

Q: Thank you, Mr. President! In closing, could you throw some red meat to your base?

A: “I believe society's interests are met by defining marriage as between a man and a woman. That's what I believe.”

Q: Thank you, sir!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Blogger fc said...

He is amazing to say the least... I can't watch him talk but just a few seconds at a time... lol...

Good post. I like the interaction.

You wanted to know how I found your blog and I will have to admit that I can't remember. Memory problems make me copy and past everything to a text editor so I can keep up with them... It's not Alzeihmers but has the same symptoms. They don't know what it is... Been surfing BlogMad and the other dir's pretty heavy so that may be it. Atheist Mama maybe... Just found her's too. Good blog...

Anyway I will keep an eye out for you on the blog directories and mod yours up if I see it...

Regards
- fc ( f a t c a t politics )

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger lee said...

It is painful to listen to him, isn't it? This last press conference was surreal.

Thanks for the positive comment and the link; I really appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home