olio

"How long do you have to get hit in the head before you start asking who's hitting you in the head?"

Monday, February 18, 2008

Sharia Law: Decidedly Not PC

An Afghan college student downloaded an article and was sentenced to death by religious “scholars” who “lacked the sophistication to understand the difference between downloading an article and writing it.”

Here’s the money quote:

"The judges did not even know the difference between a keyboard and a monitor."

And why should they? As any religious kook will tell you, the modern world is a wicked, wicked place. The Bronze Age, however, was awesome.


Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friends who are taking our required Tech class this semester spent two weeks learning the different components of a computer. TWO WEEKS. And some of the "mature" students were still a bit lost, apparently. I'm afraid to find out what else these religious "scholars" and my "scholar" classmates have in common. Needless to say, I fear for the future of our libraries....

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger lee said...

Hi Amy! Sorry I haven’t been in touch. This time I have a good excuse, though: My dear mr. was in the hospital for a while—emergency surgery, the whole shebang. He’s recovering nicely, but I’ve been an absolute wreck lately.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I'll take the rest of this to email for privacy's sake....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home