olio

"How long do you have to get hit in the head before you start asking who's hitting you in the head?"

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bombs Bursting in Air

I’ve been working round the clock since I got back to LA (I even have to go to the office this afternoon, damn it!), so I haven’t had too much time to catch up on the news. What I have seen isn’t too peachy, though: Bush wants to bomb Iran, and North Korea wants to nuke us. That’s. Just. Fucking. Great.

Speaking of North Korea, you really should rent A State of Mind. As the title implies, this fascinating documentary immerses its audience in the North Korean mindset (which way of thinking is decidedly creepy and crazy, but which also makes a certain sense).

While watching the DVD, I found myself thinking that North Korea resembled a Neo-Republican paradise: Patriarchal, groupthinking, poorly informed, intensely paranoid, and slavishly worshipful of the leader.

Check it out and let me know your thoughts; I’ve got to go to work now (double damn it!).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Amy Guth said...

Glorious blog! I enjoyed this read and gave you a link. Keep up the magnificent work.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger lee said...

Thanks, amy!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Aunt Julia said...

yep, that film was pretty good. By the way, you have a nice blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home