olio

"How long do you have to get hit in the head before you start asking who's hitting you in the head?"

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Home Again

Well, I’m safely home in LA and almost completely unpacked. I’m already back at work—where I’m really busy this week, so my posts may be on again, off again for a few days. Many thanks to the fleshpresser, who did such a fabulous job while I was on the road.

I haven’t seen any news to speak of since I left VA. What’s going on? Has anything in particular really cheered you up or pissed you off?

Here’s something that pissed me off recently: I had to speak to an IT person while setting up my new Internet account on Tuesday. Everything was fine until the very end, when the guy said, out of the blue, “Thank you and God bless.” It really got under my skin, especially since he rang off before I could respond with “I’ve been touched by His noodly appendage,” “The earth is flat,” “Santa saves,” or some similar nonsense. Why do people feel compelled to say that kind of silly shit to complete strangers? The older I get, the less tolerant of said silly shit I become.

Does “God bless” bother you? And if not, would “Allahu Akbar” or “Hail Satan”?

Here’s something that cheered me up, though: I’m back in LA, baby!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Feck off! said...

i'm sure the guy meant well. god blessed god blessers...

the reference to the flying spaghetti monster would've been pretty touching..

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger EuroYank - Virginia Hoge said...

Great Blog! Easy to read. Well written. Great colors!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Virginia Pickel said...

When I talk to people on the phone at work, I get a lot of "Have a blessed day" and that sort of thing. Usually, I just respond with "Thanks" or "You too" because if I retorted to all of those calls, it would be a full time job in itself!!

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the real issue here is your lack of faith.This link below should help you see that. Jesus loves you!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/spirit-of-truth.html

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger lee said...

Thanks, euroyank!

I know what you mean, ginviren, but I'm getting cranky in my old age.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger lee said...

Thanks for the link, dave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home