olio

"How long do you have to get hit in the head before you start asking who's hitting you in the head?"

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Separated at Birth?

From today’s LA Times :

"I voted for Bush because I love him — like being in love with a criminal," said Viera Alexandroff, 44, a lobbyist from DC. "Like a criminal who has done many robberies but who is never caught by the cops. He is clever. He is an entrepreneur who has taken risks" and succeeded.

As much as he has delighted his followers, Bush has been reviled by his foes. He leaves no one indifferent.

[. . .]

"He has made a mockery of the country for five years," Maurino, 53, said. "I teach my students that the constitution says one thing, and the next day they come back and say, but Bush did the opposite thing. How can you get students to respect the constitution like this?"

Okay, okay…so I changed a few key words here and there. But admit it: My version is plausible, hmm?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger JB Lazarte said...

you couldn't have said it better.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger lee said...

Thanks, JB! The similarities are striking, aren’t they?

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Trouble said...

Personally, I voted for him because I thought he was hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home